Build Generator (32bit) needs additional zlib.so as 32bit version on x86_64 machines
|Assignee:||Jan Moringen||% Done:|
|Category:||distinstaller||Spent time:||0.50 hour|
In case you downloaded the latest version of jenkins.tar.gz, which contains the build-generator (compiled on 32bit arch),
and executed the build-generator on a 64 bit architecture you need to install the 32 bit version of zlib in order
to make things work.
[15:21]$ sudo apt-get install zlib1g:i386
#1 Updated by Florian Lier almost 9 years ago
[15:29]$ sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0:i386
#2 Updated by Johannes Wienke almost 9 years ago
I can't do anything against this. You need a correct 32 bit environment. Maybe Jan can prepackage that library in the executable?
#3 Updated by Johannes Wienke almost 9 years ago
- Assignee changed from Johannes Wienke to Jan Moringen
#4 Updated by Jan Moringen almost 9 years ago
There are a few possibilities:
- Disable the executable compression feature. This would get rid of the libz dependency but would also prevent the use of compressed binaries. Maybe this is the way to go since the whole package is compressed anyway.
- Hacking SBCL to statically include libz in all binaries as Johannes suggested. This would not be too hard but annoying to maintain.
- Including the 32bit and 64bit versions of the generator and have a shell script select the appropriate version at runtime.
- Distribute the generator in source form and have users install SBCL (this would be similar to the model used by Python).
#5 Updated by Jan Moringen almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
#6 Updated by Sebastian Wrede almost 9 years ago
I'd vote for option 1 and (later) probably 2.
#7 Updated by Florian Lier almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed